Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

When your body says 'REST" You Better REST!

I have really fallen behind in my blog as a friend mentioned to me on the phone last night so I decided I had better check in so I don't lose the few followers I have!

I have been sick the past few weeks and wasn't really motivated to do anything at all. It started with Pink Eye then turned into a sinus infection and finally a chest cold. I finally feel almost back to normal. I got really frustrated when I was sick and couldn't workout. After work I would go home and all I could do was sleep. I was in bed by 9pm every night which is unheard of for me -I am a true night owl and love to stay up reading the days newspapers and countless magazines!

I went 6 days without working out and just felt terribly guilty - but my friends assured me sometimes its OK to just REST - listen to your body and be still. I think they are right and I am sure that extra sleep helped me get well faster - along with overdoses of vitamin C and zinc - and of course Mucinex! (that stuff works!) I have been able to build back up to my usual nightly workouts this week and feel so much better.

I have some wonderful fall recipes and in the next week or so will start posting them on a regular basis. Since thanksgiving is approaching I have some delicious, healthy alternative "turkey day" recipes I will post here as well, along with an fresh herb turkey breast recipe that is fabulous.

Remember to keep moving! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Can hardly wait for those recipes! I want to cook my mom a special dinner where she can eat EVERYTHING on the menu.

    ReplyDelete