Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

What is YOUR Motivation Factor?

I will have to admit that last night, I did NOT want to exercise - at all.
I had a very long day, I was tired and grumpy. I had every excuse and reason
NOT to hit the elliptical.

About the time I had decided not to go, I was unexpectedly given a huge hug from Samantha.
It was sweet and spur of the moment, but we all know how teenagers are and an unprompted hug goes a long way with me. :-)

That was about all it took - I laced up my New Balance Shoes and off I went! Of course I
exercise for myself because it makes me feel better and not just physically, but it always lifts my mood. Endorphins are very powerful things. I truly have a more positive attitude and outlook
the day after I exercise in the evening.

But Samantha is my "Motivation Factor". Because of my diabetes I am determined to take care of myself so I am around a very long time - I plan to be here for all of her milestones! If you are having trouble staying motivated to workout, think about the people you love, your friends or things that are important to you, and find your own 'Motivation Factor"!

No comments:

Post a Comment