Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Fish Oil.....Benefits to Diabetics?

A friend of mine whose husband is diabetic asked me the other day if fish oil lowered blood sugar?

I decided to do a little research on that topic. I started taking 3 capsules per day with each meal about a year ago after another friend who has a chronic illness told me he lowered his cholesterol levels significantly after he added fish oil to his daily regimen.

I will say that since I added Fish Oil to my diet, my triglycerides & bad cholesterol have been lower. PLEASE don't add any supplements to your diet without talking to your doctor first. Sometimes they negatively impact your regular medications.

I did some research and found the article which I am linking to this post. What I found was that although Fish Oil has not been proven to actually help glucose levels, it does have tons of other benefits for diabetics! Here are just a few of the things I discovered that fish oil can positively impact:

  • Memory
  • Depression
  • ADHD
  • Dry skin
  • Triglycerides
  • Bad cholesterol
  • Blood pressure
  • Arthritis
  • Glaucoma
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Dry eye symptoms
  • Kidney disease
  • Hardening of the arteries

Talk to your doctor to make sure fish oil can be added to your regimen. I did see positive results when I added it to mine! I will talk about other supplements in upcoming posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment